Monday, 28 June 2010

Northern Territory!

Woohoo! We made it to the Northern Territory!

Here I am posing in front of the sign at the South Australia/Northern Territory border, just moments before I took a leap of faith.  Somehow in the 30 seconds I was up there I managed to forget how steep the step was, and started to walk over to Mike landing with a SPLAT on the ground.  Fortunately the only injuries sustained were a scraped foot and to my pride. In a true show of support Mike neither laughed (till afterward!) nor took a photo. 


Taken safely from lower ground.


We drove 19 kilometers further up the road and decided to spend the night at the small, cold town of Kulgera, population 13 (plus the odd dog, sheep and some cattle).  The best part of Kulgera that night was the partial lunar eclipse.  Mike stayed outside and took photos while I encouraged him with hot chocolate and kept him abreast of what was happening on television.  Can't say I'm not a team player!




We are now settled into a nice park at the MacDonnell Ranges in Alice Springs. I'll be back with more tales of (mis)adventures as they happen.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: